Immigration Consulting – Investor Work & Residence Permit
“No non citizen shall engage in any occupation for reward or profit unless – (a) he is the holder of a work permit issued to him under this Act permitting him to be employed or to engage in and he is employed or otherwise so engaged in …..(b) he is the holder of a certificate of exemption issued to him under this Act”
(Employment of Non-Citizens Act), Botswana
Are you looking to invest in Botswana? Have you recently become a Director of Company?
Please visit our office in Maun for a comprehensive consultation.
All of our Consultants are Registered Immigration Consultants.
Obtaining Work and Residence Permits for Botswana as an Investor / Self Employed Director is an involved and complicated process.
Professional help saves time and frustration and most certainly increases your chances of success.
Full consultations are done with potential Investors to ascertain whether the new business:
- Requires a Trade or Tourism
- Qualifies for a License – License may be “reserved for citizens”
- Is based in the right area i.e. License may require business to be in an industrial or commercial zone.
The Consultation is also very important for the assessment of the new application with regards to the point system. This is based on whether the business falls within the Priority Sector, proposed investment, staff to be employed, Directorship etc.
- Potential Investors are assisted with the purchase/registration of their new Botswana Registered Company and the appointment of Directors/Shareholders.
- Full consultations are carried out with applicants to ensure that the correct Company and supporting documents are obtained and submitted.
- Full consultations are carried out with applicants to ensure that the correct personal documents are obtained and submitted.
- Our Consultants also ensure that the applicant understands their position in terms of the Employment of the Non Citizens Act and the Immigration Act.
- Our Consultants assist with the compilation and presentation of all other documents required including application for Dependents, filling in of forms, assessment of business plan and the motivation letters for permits, 3-month Emergency Labour Exemptions and Visitor’s Permits etc.
- Applicants are accompanied on submission.
- At least one of our Consultants visits the Labour and Immigration Offices every day to follow up on pending applications, assist with queries etc.
- Our Consultants assist with the co-ordination of a Labour Inspection if required.
- Once permits are approved, applicants are assisted with the collection of all of the relevant documents.
Please contact us to come in for a full consultation.